Terms & Conditions - Good Causes
We want to enable as many organisations as possible to join the good causes lottery under the Barking and Dagenham Lottery. As you will be joining under our overall gambling licence (Gambling Act 2005) we have to ensure that organisations meet certain criteria. There is no application fee.
Your organisation must:
- Provide community activities or services within Barking and Dagenham, which are of benefit to the residents of Barking and Dagenham
- Have a formal constitution or set of rules
- Have one year worth of accounts and annual report published
- Have a bank account requiring at least two unrelated signatories
- Operate with no undue restrictions on membership
And be either:
- A constituted group with a volunteer management committee with a minimum of three unrelated members that meets on a regular basis (at least three times per year)
- A registered charity, with a board of trustees
- A registered Community Interest Company, and provide copies of your Community Interest Statement, details of the Asset Lock included in your Memorandum and Articles of Association, and a copy of your latest annual community interest report
We will not permit applications from:
- Groups that promote religious or political beliefs
- Groups which do not directly relate to the provision of the community activities or services within Barking and Dagenham
- Organisations that do not do work within the boundaries of Barking and Dagenham
- Organisations which aim to distribute profit
- Organisations with no established management committee/board of trustees (unless a CIC)
We are also unable to accept applications that are incomplete.
The council reserves the right to reject any application for any reason without offering an appeals process.
The council will reserve its rights to not accept or cease to license any organisation with a minimum of 7 days notice for any reason. If fraudulent or illegal activity is suspected cessation will be immediate.
Once approved on the platform, you will receive:
- Your own webpage on the Barking and Dagenham Lottery website - with no set-up fees. You can edit your logo and description
- You will get 50p from every paid ticket supporting your cause that is entered into a weekly draw
- Monthly payment of the money you’ve raised through Barking and Dagenham Lottery - with no banking fees
- An online dashboard to track the performance of your lottery page
- A lottery helpline to help your players with any queries they may have
- Professionally prepared, seasonal marketing materials. Provided digitally in a range of formats.